Daily recipes from my collection to your table!



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

"I came up with this recipe when I was making tacos and realized I didn't have any pre-packaged seasoning.  Now, I use this recipe all the time instead of the pre-mixed stuff!"  (I do not credit myself for this picture.)

1 tbsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1/4 tsp of cayenne (use a little less for a more mild flavor)
1/4 tsp of dried oregano
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 1/2 tsps of ground cumin
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of ground corriander

     In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.  Store in a tightly sealed plastic sandwich baggie.  Will keep for 1 month in the cupboard, or 2 months in the refrigerator.  (I usually just make it up the same day I'm making tacos).  This spice mix is enough to season 1 lb of ground beef.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment